Interview with John Chang’s Neigong student
I have written earlier about this Mo-Pai neigung master in A new video of John Chang – The Magus of Java. John Chang was first shot on the Ring of Fire documentary and later was featured in the book The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> by Kosta Danaos.
Kosta wrote in his book that his was not the only western student and later I posted another video, which is claimed to be of another of his western students, in 2000, performing telekinesis for the 3rd level. The video is of a poor quality, though. You can see it at Nei-kung telekinesis by John Chang’s student video
In his great blog about martial arts, Martial development, which also highlights the story of neigong and master Chang in many of his articles, Chris interviewed one of Chang’s western students. The interviewee is Jim McMillan, who’s been a long time disciple of John Chang, according to him.
Chris asked Jim the following 5 questions:
- How did you first become acquainted with the esoteric practice of neigong?
- It is often said that a traditional master will test an aspirant’s character and resolve, before deciding whether to accept them as a disciple. Did you face any such trials, or were you accepted immediately?
- What preconceived notions about qigong/neigong masters or methods, if any, has your personal experience since proven incorrect?
What sacrifices–time, effort, money, et cetera–are required of a student in the Mo Pai? How do these demands compare to your previous experience in various martial arts schools?
- How has this training affected your physical and emotional health? Has it made your life easier, or harder?
- Many readers are interested in learning more about neikung, but don’t know where to start. Do you have any advice to offer?
To read Jim’s answers, head over to article at Martial Development.
It’s interesting how more and more information turns out about this interesting person.