Feel energy between your hands
For all of us hearing about the energy healing and wondering what the energy is, there’s a simple exercise that can give a feeling. Many healers use their hands as life force energy (Chi) channels to give it to their patients and thus help their mind and body to heal (like in Reiki). This is a very simplistic description but the purpose of this post is to let you experience the energy.
The basic exercise to feel energy between the palms of your hands is very easy:
- If you feel a little tired perform the 2 exercises to increase your energy levels. This can actually be good for anyone who want to quickly gain some energy.
- Sit comfortably. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to relax your mind and body.
- Hold the palms of your hands facing each other about 2 inches (5cm) apart.
- Perform short and slow movements of the palms around their position, keeping them facing each other. For example, make small circles (1 inch) with your right palm. Or move both palms in circles.
When you do this you may start to feel some sensations in the palms. These can be tingling in the palm or fingertips, warmth, slight pressure or kind of a magnetic repulsion. I usually feel this as if my palms are two magnets pushing away each other, with the center of the force at the center of the insides of my palms. And it feel hard for me to bring them closer together because of this.
You may also try moving the palms farther and closer from each other in slow movements
- All the time concentrate on the feelings between your palms.
feel the energy between hands
If you’re good at visualization you can add the following:
While holding you palms facing each other, take a slow deep breath (abdominal breathing) and imagine energy beams entering your body and filling you, gathering inside your abdomen. Exhale slowly, and while doing this imagine the energy flowing from the abdomen through your chest, through your shoulders, arms and radiating from both palms into the space between them. Increase the energy flow with each breath.
This visualization can greatly increase the flow of energy between your palms and you’ll feel it stronger. Usually, my palms start to "repel" each other, pushing farther apart with each exhalation, like the magnets in my palms become stronger.
Don’t give up if you don’t experience this from the first attempt. Just perform it another time, when you’re less tired and more relaxed.
Comment freely on your experiences.