I’ve written quite a lot of articles in the past about different Studies related to the benefits of meditation:
- Benefits of meditation
- Meditation and neuroscience research
- Meditation leads to happiness research shows
- Yoga and meditation help sleep better
- Transcendental Meditation helps the heart
- Benefits of meditation researched by scientists
- Meditation benefits appear after several days of practice
That being said, none of the articles that I ever wrote come close to the fabulous summary posted on the blog of Jon Lieff, MD. His article, Meditation and the Brain 2013, presents detailed but approachable overview of the latest scientific research into the benefits of meditation, Tai Chi and yoga.
The benefits of these practices span a wide spectrum of human activity, such as physical health, mental health, dealing with pain and creativity.
While you’re there on his site, make sure to read other articles which summarize recent research, such as Animal Intelligence Update 2013.