Nasal congestion, stuffy nose, runny nose – these are common problems experienced by everyone, usually many times a year. We generally disregard it if it’s on moderate levels but can get very annoyed when they are strong and require our attentions.
Yes, you could use a nasal spray to depress it for a while. But there are some problems with the sprays:
- First, they are drugs (chemicals), might have side effects and are somewhat addictive.
- Second, they cost money.
- Third, you should have it with you whenever your nose drives you mad. This might not be the case every time, since you have to buy it first, and then carry it with you whenever you go (work, for example).
When I was little, my grandmother has taught my father and me a very simple point massage technique that relieves nasal congestion fast and effectively, without leaving the bitter taste in your mouth. I wanted to share it with you.
Please look at the comments below the article to read about the many successes of this technique. Write about your results in the comments as well.
I guess the massage is based on Chinese acupressure but I can’t be sure since at that time neither of us knew anything about it, and secondly, I’m not an expert at this now. There are only 4 easy points to massage, so it’s very easy to remember and always have it with you (in your head). Here how it goes:
- Perform the below routine 3 times:
- Perform 10 pressures on a cavity at the corner of the nostrils (point 1). You should almost close and open the nostrils when you do the round movement.
- Perform 10 pressures on a cavity just below the corner of the eyes near the nose (point 2)
- Perform 10 pressures on a cavity just below the ear, behind the earlobe (point 3)
- Massage the earlobe 10 times (point 4)
- After performing the above 3 times, you should feel immediate relief of your nasal congestion. It is advised to return on the above procedure again in about 10 minutes to make it more permanent or the congestion could return.
Additional instructions: The pressures are actually round movement. Look at the pictures for exact motion.
Do it with a very mild pressure. Just place your fingertips on the points and rotate with a little pressure. Nothing should hurt at all.
You should not push the cartilage of the nose and definitely not the ear’s. In the nose, only the bottom part of the nostrils are being pushed. In the ears (point 3), it’s the cavity just below the cartilage and the rotation is not wide, so you’re actually more pushing and releasing the point when you do the round movements.
Point 2 is just below the corner of the eyes where the tears come out (where you take the stuff out of your eyes when you wake up in the morning). The rotation is done without lifting the finger but by moving the skin. Again, it’s more of a pushing-releasing kind of rotation and you should feel the corner of the eye when you apply the pressure.
I hope these instruction will make you feel better next time you’ve got a stuffy nose.
Tell me if it helps you as much as it helps me and my family.
You might also be interested in:
Increase your energy levels in 1 minute
3 simple ways to get rid of pain
There exist a lot of different exercises to increase one’s energy levels. There are breathing exercises coming mostly from yoga tradition. These exercises are based on breathing in prana which is the yoga name for the life energy that chinese call Chi. Breathing exercises are good and can have a profound effect.
This article describes 2 short and simple exercises that will allow you to quickly increase your energy levels when you feel tired, either at work, in the morning or just about anytime. If you do energy healing work and your energy levels are low, these will help you prepare by collecting more energy just before the treatment.
Update: Added diagrams to describe the movements.
Update 2: I’ve added the third exercise by request, in a separate post: Third exercise for the 1 minute increasing energy level set
Update 3: Added new images for exercise one submitted by a reader, Ulf